Individual Membership Info
CSI is a must for any professional involved in designing, supplying, building, negotiating, planning, contracting or any other function in the construction-building industry. CSI members bring real world solutions to this ever-changing climate. Learn more about our different membership types, discounts, resources, and educational opportunities.
Becoming a CSI member gives you a wealth of benefits, including construction industry news and resources, standards and formats, networking opportunities, webinars, events, and member discounts.
$240 - Professional: You author, manage, or communicate building information; to create, interpret, or use construction documents; or to educate, support, or assist the construction industry.
$115 - Emerging Professional: You have less than three years experience.
$27 - Student: You are a full-time student in a construction-related curriculum.
Questions? Contact CSI at firstname.lastname@example.org, www.csinet.org/FAQ or 800-689-2900 (M-F, 9-5P, E.T.).
What is CSI?
The Construction Specifications Institute (CSI) is a technical organization that works to organize, standardize, and communicate construction information. CSI is unique in that it facilitates an exchange of information between all participants in the construction process—a benefit not found in one-discipline organizations. CSI has thousands of members participating through more than 140 chapters. Learn more about CSI.
Who Belongs to CSI?
Architects/Designers - Building Owners - Contractors - Project Managers - Sub-contractors - Engineers - Facility Managers - Manufacturers - Product Representatives - Specifiers - Estimators - Students - Attorneys and other professions affected by construction documentation and project management.
Benefits for You
- Develop valuable cross-discipline contacts at local chapter meetings and national CSI events.
- Build a network of mentors you can contact when you're facing a new challenge at work, or hunting for a new job.
- Save with members-only discounts and special rates on CSI education, certification, publications and partner programs.
- Learn to use CSI's standards and formats to do your job better and faster.
- Earn continuing education credits at chapter meetings and CSI events.
- Stay current on BIM, sustainability and other hot topics while improving your skills through chapter meetings, CSI's education programs, and Construction Specifier Magazine.
- Raise your profile with CSI's certifications after your name.
- Participate in the development of standards and formats that shape your work, such as MasterFormat.
Benefits for Your Company
- Meet potential clients and increase your company’s visibility at both the local and national level.
- Be among the first to hear about new projects in your area.
- Save with discounts on CSI education at local chapter meetings and at national events.
- Train staff without interrupting your workday with CSI's webinars.
- Improve productivity, communication and the construction documentation you produce with CSI’s certification program. (Customized training is available -- just ask CSI.)
- Find your next star employee at your next chapter meeting or CSI event.
- Develop a network of professional contacts your company can turn to when you need help and information.
- Raise your company profile through employees who speak at national events and participate in the development of industry standards such as MasterFormat.
- Save with discounts on:
- Subscriptions: Engineering News-Record, Architectural Record, and Design-Build, among others.
- Business services: Airborne Express, Sprint, MBNA/CSI credit card.
- Professional liability insurance programs.
So You're a Student, or New to Construction?
Impress future employers by showing them you know something about construction already, and will require less training if they hire you.
Get a leg up on your job-hunting competition by meeting people who are alr eady working in your field.
Learn what they don’t teach in class by attending chapter meetings and CSI events.
Set yourself apart by getting the CDT and putting it on your resume.
Save with CSI’s student and membership discounts!
Click HERE to join CSI today >>